Started at the end of the 13th century, the style of this church is 14th century Castilian Gothic with a sober exterior.
The interior of the church contains three naves which in the chancel area correspond to three apses that are completely covered by Gothic ribbed vaults. The two lateral apses are open chapels dedicated to the Cristo de la Caridad and Virgen de los Dolores, regional patron saints, and are decorated with murals of heraldry and grotto motifs. The central chapel has the largest altar, and is decorated with paintings of the apocalyptic seven-headed dragon.
Among the remarkable elements of the church are the roofs of the naves, consisting of a Mudejar-style coffered ceiling of the Almohad tradition decorated with tracery consisting of stars and eight-sided polygons, along with the coat of arms of the family of Pedro Muñiz de Godoy, Grand Master of the Order of Calatrava circa 1370, the Coello of Portugal family and the Order of Calatrava.
Santiago Church Opening Times: Actually it close to renovation works.