Don Quixote museum and cervantine library
This museum is dedicated to the immortal figure of the chivalrous knight Don Quixote. It combines the exhibition of artwork related to Cervantes’ novel with modern multimedia montages that take spectators back to the 17th century. Its elements of note include:
– Cervantes-themed works of art by Felipe García Coronado, Alfredo Palmero de Gregorio and José Jiménez Aranda.
– A montage that transports spectators to the atmosphere of a Madrid printing press at the beginning of the 17th century with characters from the novel.
– A video on Don Quixote de la Mancha, in which spectators experience a selection of scenes from Don Quixote interpreted and transformed by the protagonist’s madness using landscapes, fragments and phrases taken from the novel.
Cervantes scholars also have access to a study centre and an extremely important library specialising in his life and works.
The museum also contains a spacious area dedicated to hosting temporary Cervantes-themed exhibitions.
September 1 to June 30
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 20:00
- Sunday: 10:00 – 14:00 h
July 1 to Augost 31
- Monday to Sunday: 09:00 – 13:45
926 200 457
Ronda de Alarcos, 1, C.P. 13004